Skip to main content

A Day In The Life of Capri



Today I'm sharing what a typical day in my life looks like. Sometimes it's good to see what others do in order to get great ideas and learn from someone else. I documented my entire day yesterday. My cell phone was used a lot during the course of the day. Grab a snack! Here we go!!!!


My alarm clock typically goes off every weekday morning at 5:30 am. But this morning I hit snooze, then got up at 6 am. I'm a night owl, so getting up every morning for work is a struggle. I NEVER want to get out of bed. I performed my morning pep talk to myself, then slowly dragged myself out of bed. My first thing to do once my feet hit the floor is make my bed. It gives me a sense of accomplishment to start off my day. I then turn on my oil diffuser and add two drop of lemon essential oil to awaken my senses. Then off to my bathroom to take a shower, cleanse my face, and brush my teeth. Nothing gets my morning going better than Dr. Bronner's Citrus body wash. The invigorating scent of orange and lemon awakens my senses and gets me ready to tackle my day. After I shower,  I go back to my room to moisturize my skin and face, put on my favorite robe, and decide which outfit fits my mood for today. 







Before getting dressed, I went to the kitchen to start breakfast for the kids, and to plug in my electric kettle to brew my coffee. It's been a ritual of mine to ALWAYS cook my kids a hot meal before going to school each morning. This was instilled in me by my mother who did the same for me while growing up. It's also a way for me to know that my child has had at least one good meal during the course of their day. They both were never to keen to school lunches. After breakfast is cooked and served, I go to both kids room to wake them up for breakfast before my son starts his virtual school, and before my daughter goes to work.







After serving the kids their breakfast, I went back to my bedroom with my cup of coffee to get dressed, and applied a little makeup. While getting dressed, I always get caught up on some of my shows on Hulu. Applying makeup and watching TV in the mirror sometimes gets me behind. After getting dressed, I returned to the kitchen to take something out of the freezer for dinner.








I always do a final walk thru my home to make sure everything is tidy and clean once I'm officially ready. I cant stand a dirty and unorganized home!! ( Like my mom, I definitely have OCD when it comes to this. ) I also grabbed another cup of coffee for the road. Don't judge me....lol...I'm addicted to coffee, especially on the the weekdays. Then off to work I go! 





Music is definitely my motivation on my 30 minute commute to Work. My full time job is at a Alcohol and Drug abuse Treatment Center. I love my job there, as well as my co-workers.





         I take my lunch at 1pm daily. Today I decided to go to Tropical Smoothie for lunch, to get a Chia banana boost smoothie. (one of my faves)



4:30 is QUITTING TIME!!!! My afternoon commute back home with Sade is my favorite part of the day! The commute home is always so therapeutic to me. Its my time to unwind and get my mind right to tackle my second job as mom. 


After getting home I checked the mail. After walking into my home, i went straight to my laundry room to take off my clothes, then went straight to my bathroom to shower and cleanse my face. Washing the day off is a must, especially since Covid. My biggest fear is bringing something home that will make my babies sick. All precautionary measures are taken daily.   After getting out the shower, I moisturize and put on one of my favorite lounge sets. Next up, is greeting and loving on my kids. 







After giving the kids kisses and hugs, I go to the kitchen to start dinner, while sipping on a glass of my favorite wine. Tonight I cooked Shrimp Tacos, which is always great for taco Tuesdays. I try to sit down as a family nightly for dinner. There are times that my daughter works late, so there are days when we cant do it as a family. This is the time that we check in with each other. We talk about our day as well as laugh at some of the funny things that my son has to say. He's such a comedian. He loves to put a smile on our face. I love both of my kids so much.

After dinner, the kids and I worked together to clean the kitchen and put away all left overs for dinner. (Which is now tomorrows lunch.)






After dinner, my son and I sit down and go over all assignments that were due that day for virtual learning. (To make sure nothing was forgotten) We also look at the things due tomorrow so that he can plan his day wisely.







Next up..............my third job! Now its time to focus on my blog and social media pages. On Tuesdays, I like to sit down and plan out my content and posts for the rest of the week. I came up with a few more post ideas for the blog tonight, as well a ideas for my next photo shoot. My routine is to always turn on the television to keep me company as I work on the blog. Some nights like tonight, I get so wrapped up in it, 11:30-12:00 am comes by really quick. 







 Its now time to whine down for the night with my nightly cup of green tea and Netflix. I usually try to do a 30-45 min workout before bed, but I was just too tired to do so last night. During this part of my day, I dedicate time to my significant other with our nightly facetime calls. We facetime tonight for a hour and a half. If I at least get 5 hours of sleep a night I'm good to go.














Then at 6 am the alarm goes off and everything is started all over again.  











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kyrzayda Rodriquez....My Style Icon

Kyrzayda Rodriquez was someone that inspired so many people around the world, including myself. I was one of her biggest fans, always in the back ground cheering at her success. I began following Kyrzayda’s blog and social media pages mid 2014. She inspired me by her love for fashion, hair, and the love she had for every family member and friend. We never met, but we conversed a few times thru social media. She became a part of my life in a major way. Her love and hustle for what she did truly inspired me.  Because of her, I finally took the leap in starting my own blog.  Over time, she became my inspiration for fashion and more.  I can’t count how many times I’ve screen shot a picture of her to take to my stylist for inspirational hair cuts! She's definitely my hair crush and goal.  I wanted my hair just like hers. My first time running across Kyrzayda was on Pinterest. I found several pixie cuts I thought was so freaking cute! Kyrzayda took eve

Radiant skin: Apple Cider Vinegar and Baking Soda Mask.

Natural Beauty      For the past 4 months now, I've been using the baking soda and apple cider vinegar mask. And I must say....It has worked wonders for my skin. I have oily skin, so i tend to have visible pores time to time. This mask has transformed my complexion radially, and has reduced my pores tremendously. My skin is more smooth, blemish free, toned, and I have a natural glow.     If you have a teenager at home struggling with acne, this mask is the to go to. Teenagers tend to struggle with stubborn acne. I have a 15 year old daughter, who has just started having breakouts. I've started her on the mask as well. She LOVES it!!! I'm happy I've found something we both can use that's natural and free of harsh chemicals. Baking soda and ACV exfoliates the skin by removing the dead skin to clean deeper into the pores. It eliminates black heads; treats acne ( It dries the pimples out and removes oil from skin); unclog pores; kills the bacteria that cau

This is 44...........The Self-Love Era!

 This past July 30th, I celebrated my 44th birthday. I swear, once I turned 35, these birthdays started coming around fast as hell. But I thank the most high for allowing me to see them all. Giving me the opportunity to be here for my beautiful children, as well as my family and close friends.  A part of my brand is encouraging self-love and improvement. Daily I strive to evaluate myself inside and out, as well as where I am in life. After much reflecting, there is a lot that I'm truly proud and grateful for. But there's also things that I must continue to work on daily to enhance my inner being. While there's room for improvement, I also thank my current self for becoming the woman I currently am. I will continue to celebrate all wins in life no matter how big or small. This past year was filled with so many small wins that I've prayed for a long time. We owe it to ourselves to acknowledge and celebrate those wins too. 44 is my era of self-love, my healing of progress