Skip to main content

Time To Get Fall Ready!


After celebrating my birthday at the end of July,  each year I immediately go into fall mode.
I know! I know! 

But Dana its still Summer. I don't care! This is the time of year when I start picking out my fall decorations and pinning my go to looks for fall fashion on Pinterest. 

Fall is one of my favorite times of year. The turning of the leaves and scenery is so majestic. The cool crisp evenings around a fire pit with my favorite chunky sweater, fleece blanket, a good book, hot chocolate or a glass of wine puts me into my happy place. But nothing says fall more than fall fashion!!


As I shopped for my birthday things over the past few weeks, I noticed that a lot of the department stores has started putting their fall fashion out already.  Once you start seeing pumpkin spice every where, you'll know it's officially prep mode. I become so excited! Shopping for women's fall fashion in stores and online is more rewarding to me than any other season. I highly advise you to start your shopping sooner than later. Have those wardrobes fall ready when the season starts.

Shopping for fall during the off season, is my secret to my fall shopping for less. Soon as spring arrives, all of last season fall/winter items are marked down super low. This is the best time to get those more expensive items. For instant, last fall I fell in love with a pair of high snake skin boots in Nordstrom Rack. It was love at first sight for those beauties. I just could NOT drop $399 for them. I wanted them yes, but paying that amount for them as a single mom is too impulsive. I kept eyeing them to see when they would go on sale. Finally in March I got an alert that Nordstrom Rack online was having a huge clearance event. So you know me, I immediately pulled the boots up to see if they were included in the event. I was so shocked at the discount. My $399 boots were finally on sale for $49.99!!!! This was the best day EVER!! This was a huge discount. I purchase all of my expensive chunky sweaters, Jackets, and shoes during the off season months. I don't know any woman that doesn't like to save money while buying the things they truly want. Don't get me wrong, I still buy during the season as well. But if there's something that I really want during the season that's too expensive, I'd rather wait until off season to purchase it. This is also the time to buy all of this summer favorites. With the new fall fashion coming in now, all of this summer's inventories are now being marked down as well. Use this time to reup on your favorite looks of summer now for next season. 


There are so many women's clothing stores online to shop for trendy women's fashion. All of which that offers great styles and fashion forward trends. Try mixing your wardrobe with earth tones and pops of bold fall tones to add to those layers. Add a few items of animal prints rich in color. You can never go wrong with a back or shoulder out shirt or sweater. Two of my favorite online stores to get all of the above is Pink Stable Boutique and Buddy Love. I always find what I'm looking for with both. 


Hope some of these tips help you with your fall shopping and looks. Happy Shopping!!

Dana Capri


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kyrzayda Rodriquez....My Style Icon

Kyrzayda Rodriquez was someone that inspired so many people around the world, including myself. I was one of her biggest fans, always in the back ground cheering at her success. I began following Kyrzayda’s blog and social media pages mid 2014. She inspired me by her love for fashion, hair, and the love she had for every family member and friend. We never met, but we conversed a few times thru social media. She became a part of my life in a major way. Her love and hustle for what she did truly inspired me.  Because of her, I finally took the leap in starting my own blog.  Over time, she became my inspiration for fashion and more.  I can’t count how many times I’ve screen shot a picture of her to take to my stylist for inspirational hair cuts! She's definitely my hair crush and goal.  I wanted my hair just like hers. My first time running across Kyrzayda was on Pinterest. I found several pixie cuts I thought was so freaking cute! Kyrzayda took eve

Radiant skin: Apple Cider Vinegar and Baking Soda Mask.

Natural Beauty      For the past 4 months now, I've been using the baking soda and apple cider vinegar mask. And I must say....It has worked wonders for my skin. I have oily skin, so i tend to have visible pores time to time. This mask has transformed my complexion radially, and has reduced my pores tremendously. My skin is more smooth, blemish free, toned, and I have a natural glow.     If you have a teenager at home struggling with acne, this mask is the to go to. Teenagers tend to struggle with stubborn acne. I have a 15 year old daughter, who has just started having breakouts. I've started her on the mask as well. She LOVES it!!! I'm happy I've found something we both can use that's natural and free of harsh chemicals. Baking soda and ACV exfoliates the skin by removing the dead skin to clean deeper into the pores. It eliminates black heads; treats acne ( It dries the pimples out and removes oil from skin); unclog pores; kills the bacteria that cau

This is 44...........The Self-Love Era!

 This past July 30th, I celebrated my 44th birthday. I swear, once I turned 35, these birthdays started coming around fast as hell. But I thank the most high for allowing me to see them all. Giving me the opportunity to be here for my beautiful children, as well as my family and close friends.  A part of my brand is encouraging self-love and improvement. Daily I strive to evaluate myself inside and out, as well as where I am in life. After much reflecting, there is a lot that I'm truly proud and grateful for. But there's also things that I must continue to work on daily to enhance my inner being. While there's room for improvement, I also thank my current self for becoming the woman I currently am. I will continue to celebrate all wins in life no matter how big or small. This past year was filled with so many small wins that I've prayed for a long time. We owe it to ourselves to acknowledge and celebrate those wins too. 44 is my era of self-love, my healing of progress