Skip to main content

Officially a Plant Mom!










Okay guys!!!!! I can officially call myself a plant mom. It took a lot of trial, era, and research, but I'm here. In the past I would harm every single plant given and bought. You know its bad if I've harmed a peace Lilly (I don't like to say kill). They require the least amount of work. I thought everyone around me had green thumbs but me. I was so jealous of my Dad's massive green thumbs. His garden is simply amazing. The way he bring things to life is truly envious. The only plants that I was really good with were my African violets located in my kitchen window. I've had them for almost 5 years now. They are so big and full of life. The flowers blooming from them right now are so vibrant. I refer to them as my pride and joy. I've had them the longest.

During this Covid-19 Shutdown, I was able to do my research on plants inside and outside of the home. Understanding the coordinates of a hi south facing window, and knowing that they have feelings too is so critical for their growth. This new knowledge brought forth the confidence needed for the kids and I to have another go at it. I must say........it's 4 months later and were doing great! I easily went from one plant to having several. As of now, I have 11 babies inside. I even started gardening outside of my home with plants, fruits, and veggies. All of my babies seem to enjoy their little lives. Call me crazy, but every single one of them have names. In my home I have 2 purple African violets, 2 pink African violets, 1 aloe plant,  2 Sansevieria trifasciata (Snake plant or mother in laws tongue), a bird of paradise, 1 Aglaonema, one succulent, and 1 Dracaena arbores. I really want a prayer plant to add to my home, but unable to find one as of now. 


Plants have made a massive impact in my life. This new hobby of mine is very therapeutic and a rewarding experience. I really get to enjoy the fruits of my labor, literally. It keeps my brain busy and active. Gardening is so fulfilling. I love to watch them grow and adapt to the world around them. I begin and end each day with watering the plants in my yard. I talk to my indoors plants daily. Its all about speaking life into them guys.  My plants also like music. Funny i know! But it helps to stimulate them. Mine are actually loving Nina Simone right now. Ha ha, and a little of John Legend latest.  My weekends are spent in my yard or visits to my local nurseries. I recently had to actually cut myself off from going out buying. My main focus at this time is maintaining the ones I have now. 
The plant community guys!!!!! I never thought I would meet so many people thru this new passion and hobby of mine. I truly enjoy our talks and all tips given through social media. 


Plants and gardening isn't as intimidating as it may seem. Put a toe in to see if it can be for you.
To all of my plant lovers.....what are your babies listening to these days?

a bird of paradise  (a.k.a Queen)

Sansevieria trifasciata   (a.k.a Cosmo)


Aglaonema (A.k.a Vera)





Dracaena arbores  (A.k.a Dana)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kyrzayda Rodriquez....My Style Icon

Kyrzayda Rodriquez was someone that inspired so many people around the world, including myself. I was one of her biggest fans, always in the back ground cheering at her success. I began following Kyrzayda’s blog and social media pages mid 2014. She inspired me by her love for fashion, hair, and the love she had for every family member and friend. We never met, but we conversed a few times thru social media. She became a part of my life in a major way. Her love and hustle for what she did truly inspired me.  Because of her, I finally took the leap in starting my own blog.  Over time, she became my inspiration for fashion and more.  I can’t count how many times I’ve screen shot a picture of her to take to my stylist for inspirational hair cuts! She's definitely my hair crush and goal.  I wanted my hair just like hers. My first time running across Kyrzayda was on Pinterest. I found several pixie cuts I thought was so freaking cute! Kyrzayda took eve

Radiant skin: Apple Cider Vinegar and Baking Soda Mask.

Natural Beauty      For the past 4 months now, I've been using the baking soda and apple cider vinegar mask. And I must say....It has worked wonders for my skin. I have oily skin, so i tend to have visible pores time to time. This mask has transformed my complexion radially, and has reduced my pores tremendously. My skin is more smooth, blemish free, toned, and I have a natural glow.     If you have a teenager at home struggling with acne, this mask is the to go to. Teenagers tend to struggle with stubborn acne. I have a 15 year old daughter, who has just started having breakouts. I've started her on the mask as well. She LOVES it!!! I'm happy I've found something we both can use that's natural and free of harsh chemicals. Baking soda and ACV exfoliates the skin by removing the dead skin to clean deeper into the pores. It eliminates black heads; treats acne ( It dries the pimples out and removes oil from skin); unclog pores; kills the bacteria that cau

This is 44...........The Self-Love Era!

 This past July 30th, I celebrated my 44th birthday. I swear, once I turned 35, these birthdays started coming around fast as hell. But I thank the most high for allowing me to see them all. Giving me the opportunity to be here for my beautiful children, as well as my family and close friends.  A part of my brand is encouraging self-love and improvement. Daily I strive to evaluate myself inside and out, as well as where I am in life. After much reflecting, there is a lot that I'm truly proud and grateful for. But there's also things that I must continue to work on daily to enhance my inner being. While there's room for improvement, I also thank my current self for becoming the woman I currently am. I will continue to celebrate all wins in life no matter how big or small. This past year was filled with so many small wins that I've prayed for a long time. We owe it to ourselves to acknowledge and celebrate those wins too. 44 is my era of self-love, my healing of progress