Skip to main content

Date Night


WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU HAD A DATE NIGHT????

Whether in a relationship or marriage, date night is a critical aspect to every relationship. Dedicate at least one night a week to each other.  "Together-time" builds intimacy. Between our busy lives with work, home, daily life,  and social commitments, its very easy to put that quality time needed on the back burner. 

In order for the relationship/marriage to continue to flourish, we must continue that one on one we had in the very beginning. The longer the two of you are together, the time and effort sometimes diminishes.  Relationships are hard work.  We tend to want to work on every aspect of our life such as fitness goals and goals on our jobs, but when it comes to our relationship, those goals are neglected. 
Your relationship needs focus and attention. We gravitate to the idea that the individual will always be there. Feelings start to feel neglected and taken for granted. During this phase in a relationship, couples tend to grow apart. Resentment starts to creeps in. 
We must invest, while making it a top priority in our life. Doing so, we're both able to grow together in the same direction, and on the same page. Look at Date Night as a flower. We need to water and nurture it for it to grow. Neglecting  it will give it time to deteriorate and die.

Date night doesn't mean that you have to go out all of the time either.  Yes, dinner and movie dates are great. But a night in cooking dinner together, followed by Netflix or game night is just as good. 
Some couple are scared off by the phrase "DATE NIGHT" with the assumption that it must be fancy and expensive. Those least expensive dates are usually the BEST ones!! 
Along with date night, my better half and I created a Bucket List. So, if we decide to spice it up a little, we look for things to do and check off on the the Bucket. A bucket list consist of fun couple activities, romantic date nights, and wild and crazy things to do together to help bond your relationship even more. 


Date Night Ideas
Dinner
Movie
Sip and Paint
A Walk downtown
                          Go out for ice cream                       picnic
play basketball/football
take a class together
pick up take out to eat at home
At home movie night
board game night with favorite drinks
cook dinner together
workout
visit the park
go to a game or concert
dance lessons 
laser tag
Vineyard
Xbox night
zoo
water gun fight 
watch the sun set
open mic night
dine in the dark
Body paint
go to farmers market
Museum Scavenger Hunt
Build a fort and spend the entire night there
Give each other massages for a massage night
play strip poker
make a relationship time capsule
get a hotel for the night
make a play list of your favorite songs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kyrzayda Rodriquez....My Style Icon

Kyrzayda Rodriquez was someone that inspired so many people around the world, including myself. I was one of her biggest fans, always in the back ground cheering at her success. I began following Kyrzayda’s blog and social media pages mid 2014. She inspired me by her love for fashion, hair, and the love she had for every family member and friend. We never met, but we conversed a few times thru social media. She became a part of my life in a major way. Her love and hustle for what she did truly inspired me.  Because of her, I finally took the leap in starting my own blog.  Over time, she became my inspiration for fashion and more.  I can’t count how many times I’ve screen shot a picture of her to take to my stylist for inspirational hair cuts! She's definitely my hair crush and goal.  I wanted my hair just like hers. My first time running across Kyrzayda was on Pinterest. I found several pixie cuts I thought was so freaking cute! Kyrzayda took eve

Radiant skin: Apple Cider Vinegar and Baking Soda Mask.

Natural Beauty      For the past 4 months now, I've been using the baking soda and apple cider vinegar mask. And I must say....It has worked wonders for my skin. I have oily skin, so i tend to have visible pores time to time. This mask has transformed my complexion radially, and has reduced my pores tremendously. My skin is more smooth, blemish free, toned, and I have a natural glow.     If you have a teenager at home struggling with acne, this mask is the to go to. Teenagers tend to struggle with stubborn acne. I have a 15 year old daughter, who has just started having breakouts. I've started her on the mask as well. She LOVES it!!! I'm happy I've found something we both can use that's natural and free of harsh chemicals. Baking soda and ACV exfoliates the skin by removing the dead skin to clean deeper into the pores. It eliminates black heads; treats acne ( It dries the pimples out and removes oil from skin); unclog pores; kills the bacteria that cau

This is 44...........The Self-Love Era!

 This past July 30th, I celebrated my 44th birthday. I swear, once I turned 35, these birthdays started coming around fast as hell. But I thank the most high for allowing me to see them all. Giving me the opportunity to be here for my beautiful children, as well as my family and close friends.  A part of my brand is encouraging self-love and improvement. Daily I strive to evaluate myself inside and out, as well as where I am in life. After much reflecting, there is a lot that I'm truly proud and grateful for. But there's also things that I must continue to work on daily to enhance my inner being. While there's room for improvement, I also thank my current self for becoming the woman I currently am. I will continue to celebrate all wins in life no matter how big or small. This past year was filled with so many small wins that I've prayed for a long time. We owe it to ourselves to acknowledge and celebrate those wins too. 44 is my era of self-love, my healing of progress