Skip to main content

MYRTLE BEACH END OF SUMMER BAECATION 2018




  The Bae and I decided to end our summer with a trip to Myrtle Beach. It’s one of the popular tourist locations in the U.S.  We went for a weekend to finally get some R&R before his busy basketball season ahead. This trip was my fifth trip this year.

     I absolutely love Myrtle Beach. It’s a beautiful beach on the coast of South Carolina, with tons of attractions. A perfect getaway for family vacations, bae-cations, girls trips, family reunions, holidays, etc.
     

    
                      


Accommodations:
We stayed at the Harbor Lights Resorts. It's about 10 minutes  away from the main strip, and 10 minutes  away from the outlets off of 501 highway.  The condo was so beautiful, roomy, and clean. Our fave  part of the condo was our screen in patio that over looked the water highway.  I loved watching the jet skis and pontoon boats speed by while sipping my coffee in the mornings. The one  bedroom condo had a  full kitchen, living room with pullout couch, dining room, and laundry room.  The property has its own bar/grill, and club house near one of the main pools. There’s also a nice picnic area where you and your love ones can grill out. Staying at this location was a major highlight of our trip. The main strip resorts and hotels are  convenient for beach access, however this trip we wanted a more quiet and secluded area. 
   

               ,     



  
 
       
                                
  
                     

Restaurants:       


While there, we ventured over to the new oceanfront grill and rooftop bar, Riptydz. The view and the  food is AMAZING!! Looking for something new to do....Riptydz is the go to. It has some of the best appetizers and fresh seafood. I love the fact that no matter where you sit, the view of the beach was breathtaking.
The calamari, shrimp and grits, and fried oysters are to die for!!  The staff was very nice and helpful as well. The bars were sooo beautiful and fully stocked! Everything is in budget, and you definitely get your money worth.  Traveling with friends and family? There’s a area on the beach side that’s has   games and a stage for a live band. I definitely give the place 5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️!

The night before leaving, we decided to have a quiet and romantic dinner in. We both had a taste for  blue crab,  so we headed over to Mr. Fish Seafood Market on N Kings highway. They were awesome  and had great  prices. We got a dozen and a half of blue crabs for $35 and paid $4 extra to have them steamed there.
    

              

   

     
 
             

   

    
 
              

      
 
      
  
  


Attractions

The main strip on ocean blvd have a galore of attractions and activities. There’s so many things  that you can do and enjoy. There’s a ton of souvenir shops, restaurants, a Ripleys believe it or not, bars galore, rides,  scary house, etc.  
Experiencing the nightlife of myrtle beach strip is a must for all ages.  But my favorite thing to do is to simply lay out and enjoy the white beach and sun rays.  Sun bathing with my favorite drink, snacks, and tanning lotion are my musts on any summer vacation. 

I’m actually planning our next visit back to Myrtle Beach now. I can not WAIT  to return for more relaxation and family time.


     

  



     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kyrzayda Rodriquez....My Style Icon

Kyrzayda Rodriquez was someone that inspired so many people around the world, including myself. I was one of her biggest fans, always in the back ground cheering at her success. I began following Kyrzayda’s blog and social media pages mid 2014. She inspired me by her love for fashion, hair, and the love she had for every family member and friend. We never met, but we conversed a few times thru social media. She became a part of my life in a major way. Her love and hustle for what she did truly inspired me.  Because of her, I finally took the leap in starting my own blog.  Over time, she became my inspiration for fashion and more.  I can’t count how many times I’ve screen shot a picture of her to take to my stylist for inspirational hair cuts! She's definitely my hair crush and goal.  I wanted my hair just like hers. My first time running across Kyrzayda was on Pinterest. I found several pixie cuts I thought was so freaking cute! Kyrzayda took eve

Radiant skin: Apple Cider Vinegar and Baking Soda Mask.

Natural Beauty      For the past 4 months now, I've been using the baking soda and apple cider vinegar mask. And I must say....It has worked wonders for my skin. I have oily skin, so i tend to have visible pores time to time. This mask has transformed my complexion radially, and has reduced my pores tremendously. My skin is more smooth, blemish free, toned, and I have a natural glow.     If you have a teenager at home struggling with acne, this mask is the to go to. Teenagers tend to struggle with stubborn acne. I have a 15 year old daughter, who has just started having breakouts. I've started her on the mask as well. She LOVES it!!! I'm happy I've found something we both can use that's natural and free of harsh chemicals. Baking soda and ACV exfoliates the skin by removing the dead skin to clean deeper into the pores. It eliminates black heads; treats acne ( It dries the pimples out and removes oil from skin); unclog pores; kills the bacteria that cau

This is 44...........The Self-Love Era!

 This past July 30th, I celebrated my 44th birthday. I swear, once I turned 35, these birthdays started coming around fast as hell. But I thank the most high for allowing me to see them all. Giving me the opportunity to be here for my beautiful children, as well as my family and close friends.  A part of my brand is encouraging self-love and improvement. Daily I strive to evaluate myself inside and out, as well as where I am in life. After much reflecting, there is a lot that I'm truly proud and grateful for. But there's also things that I must continue to work on daily to enhance my inner being. While there's room for improvement, I also thank my current self for becoming the woman I currently am. I will continue to celebrate all wins in life no matter how big or small. This past year was filled with so many small wins that I've prayed for a long time. We owe it to ourselves to acknowledge and celebrate those wins too. 44 is my era of self-love, my healing of progress