Skip to main content

WOES OF LIFE

 Some may say money is the key to true happiness. I say my true happiness comes from my family and friends. Quality time with your love ones is a true investment.  Although being alone is my favorite thing to do for inspiration and sanity, being among my family and friends is just as important.
Sometimes in life, we're too busy to just stop and smell the roses. Giving yourself a break from work, chores, and home sometimes is a task in itself.  My family and friends are my life. They are the key to my true happiness. I try to fit in time with everyone, but sometimes life has me extremely busy. Being a single mother of two, I feel as tho there isn't enough time in a day to get things done. So a lot of my back and forth and household chores are done on the weekends. By the time I'm actually done with everything, I'm too tired to do anything else. So lately, I haven't been able to fit in that needed time with the people I love.  However, last week, I took a different approach. All household chores were done thru out the week to give me some much needed time to catch up with my family and friends last weekend.

Spending time with friends is the first thing that goes as we get older and more involved with kids and our jobs. Time with friends melts away all cares and stress we encounter in the world. Carving out time with friends must be scheduled out. Make that time that is needed for it.

Friday I had the chance to catch up with a close friend of mine for her birthday celebration. I couldn't remember the last time we actually had time together, so I made it my mission to go out and celebrate with her. We all met up at a new bar in Columbia called ONE 10. The bar's atmosphere was so relaxed and chill. Good food, drinks,  laughs, and music always equals a GOOD TIME. After a long stressful week at work, being out with my girlfriends is what I truly needed to relax and wash away all the stress and worries from the past few days.
                              

                              

          

                               


Saturday afternoon I dedicated to my family. My Dad and brother just purchased a brand new boat. So the family and I decided to pack up food and drinks, and drove up to Wateree Lake for a day of fun in the sun. What a wonderful experience!! Cruising the water was so relaxing and beautiful, and the weather was GREAT! Seeing the joy over my kids faces was priceless.




 

 

 

                               

                              

                              

                              

           


 Start taking the time out that's needed to spend quality time with the people you love. Start creating MORE memorable experiences. Don't just wait for "special occasions" to get together. Dedicate a girls night or a family night out at least once a month. Or have family and friends over for a fun night in. Good friends and family is essential to a happier lifestyle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kyrzayda Rodriquez....My Style Icon

Kyrzayda Rodriquez was someone that inspired so many people around the world, including myself. I was one of her biggest fans, always in the back ground cheering at her success. I began following Kyrzayda’s blog and social media pages mid 2014. She inspired me by her love for fashion, hair, and the love she had for every family member and friend. We never met, but we conversed a few times thru social media. She became a part of my life in a major way. Her love and hustle for what she did truly inspired me.  Because of her, I finally took the leap in starting my own blog.  Over time, she became my inspiration for fashion and more.  I can’t count how many times I’ve screen shot a picture of her to take to my stylist for inspirational hair cuts! She's definitely my hair crush and goal.  I wanted my hair just like hers. My first time running across Kyrzayda was on Pinterest. I found several pixie cuts I thought was so freaking cute! Kyrzayda took eve

Radiant skin: Apple Cider Vinegar and Baking Soda Mask.

Natural Beauty      For the past 4 months now, I've been using the baking soda and apple cider vinegar mask. And I must say....It has worked wonders for my skin. I have oily skin, so i tend to have visible pores time to time. This mask has transformed my complexion radially, and has reduced my pores tremendously. My skin is more smooth, blemish free, toned, and I have a natural glow.     If you have a teenager at home struggling with acne, this mask is the to go to. Teenagers tend to struggle with stubborn acne. I have a 15 year old daughter, who has just started having breakouts. I've started her on the mask as well. She LOVES it!!! I'm happy I've found something we both can use that's natural and free of harsh chemicals. Baking soda and ACV exfoliates the skin by removing the dead skin to clean deeper into the pores. It eliminates black heads; treats acne ( It dries the pimples out and removes oil from skin); unclog pores; kills the bacteria that cau

This is 44...........The Self-Love Era!

 This past July 30th, I celebrated my 44th birthday. I swear, once I turned 35, these birthdays started coming around fast as hell. But I thank the most high for allowing me to see them all. Giving me the opportunity to be here for my beautiful children, as well as my family and close friends.  A part of my brand is encouraging self-love and improvement. Daily I strive to evaluate myself inside and out, as well as where I am in life. After much reflecting, there is a lot that I'm truly proud and grateful for. But there's also things that I must continue to work on daily to enhance my inner being. While there's room for improvement, I also thank my current self for becoming the woman I currently am. I will continue to celebrate all wins in life no matter how big or small. This past year was filled with so many small wins that I've prayed for a long time. We owe it to ourselves to acknowledge and celebrate those wins too. 44 is my era of self-love, my healing of progress